Ending your relationship can affect your benefits coverage. You have 31 days from the date of your divorce or legal separation to enroll in or make changes to your benefits.
Medical, dental, and vision
- You can add or drop coverage for yourself and/or your eligible dependents.
- You must drop coverage for your ex-spouse and ineligible dependents.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Stop participating.
- Change your contributions.
Life and accident insurance
- You can change your coverage level.
- You must drop life insurance for your ex-spouse.
To make changes to your benefits, call Alight at 866-468-8236 within 31 days of your divorce or legal separation.
You may also want to
- Review your 401(k) contributions and beneficiaries.
- Enroll in legal insurance to get legal advice and create or adjust your wills.
- Update your personal information in Workday and get an updated Social Security Card and driver’s license if your name and/or address are changing.
- Change your W-4 deductions and state withholding.
- Use Intuit’s mental health and well-being programs to help you handle life’s challenges, build resilience and ease your stress.