Never underestimate the power of self-care, decompressing, and doing absolutely nothing. Whether you’re battling burnout, caring for yourself or a family member’s illness, grieving a loss, needing time to unwind or declutter, Intuit’s time away programs give you the time you need, when you need it.
Paid time off options
- Enjoy paid vacation time to rest and relax.
- Celebrate on paid annual holidays.
- Rest up on recharge days, during which the company collectively takes time off from work to disconnect.
To celebrate you
Take a paid day off to celebrate your birthday.
To care for yourself and others
- Sick time provides paid time off to care for yourself or a family member with an acute illness or health condition.
- Supplemental Sick Time offers additional paid time off if you or a household member is feeling or becomes ill.
- Family Support Time offers up to four weeks of paid time off to provide care and support for a qualified family member.
- We Care & Give Back gives you paid time off to volunteer and help those who need it most.
- Bereavement leave provides paid time off for a death in your immediate family, including a pet.
To welcome a new family member
Enjoy paid Parental Time Off to bond with a newborn or newly adopted or foster child.
To attend to special circumstances
- If you or an immediate family member has been the victim of certain crimes, you can take paid time off to attend related judicial proceedings.
- You can take paid time off if you, your family member, or a household member is a victim of domestic violence.
- You can take paid time off if you are required to appear for jury or witness duty.
- If you cannot work due to certain unforeseen circumstances, paid time off may be available to you.
- Intuit provides employees with time off to vote in compliance with federal, state, or local requirements.
Leave of absence options
A leave of absence gives you additional flexibility for time off under certain circumstances.
If you can't work
- If you can’t work, short- and long-term disability programs are available.
- If a serious injury or illness prevents you from working, you may be eligible for medical leave.
If you are a birth parent, bonding with your newborn, managing an illness, or caring for a family member
- Maternity leave provides time off options for birth mothers to take time off for themselves and their new baby.
- Parental time off is available to bond with a new baby or newly adopted child or foster child.
- FMLA (Family and Medical Leave Act) leave offers job-protected, unpaid leave for a specified period of time.
If you are a member of the active military
Employees who are members of the active military are eligible for time off for military duty based on their military orders.
If you live in California
Employees working in California may have additional leave of absence options available.
If you have exhausted or are ineligible for other leaves
If you have exhausted or are ineligible for other types of leave of absence, personal leave may be available to you.