You have many choices when it comes to medical care. Remember: The most expensive care isn’t always the best. Log in to your health plan’s website and use the provider search tool to find in-network providers, a rating system for identifying quality care and online cost calculators to compare pricing. Choose the right care by understanding your options and your costs.
Intuit’s telemedicine program, Teladoc, saves you money, time and a trip to the doctor’s office.
Teladoc is offered as part of your Intuit medical benefits—use it at no cost to you or your covered dependents! (If you're on the Cigna Choice Fund with HSA plan, you pay 10% of the cost after you meet the deductible.) It’s available by phone or video 24 hours a day, seven days a week to treat:
- Ear infections
- Nausea and vomiting
- Respiratory infections
- Sinus problems
- Urinary tract infections
Teladoc also offers virtual counseling services to both adults and children ages 13 and older. You can talk to a psychiatrist to get a diagnosis and/or medication, or talk to a therapist to get help with ongoing concerns. If you’re on the CIGNA Managed Care plan, you pay a $20 copay per session. If you’re on the United Healthcare EPO plan, you pay a $15 copay per session. If you're on the Cigna Choice Fund with HSA plan, you pay 10% of the cost after you meet the deductible.
Teladoc doctors (including pediatricians for those inevitable kid illnesses) can diagnose your symptoms, prescribe medication and send the prescription to your local pharmacy.* Use Teladoc as a cost-effective alternative to costly emergency room or urgent care visits. It’s a good option when:
- It’s not convenient for you to leave work or home.
- Your doctor or pediatrician is not available on your schedule.
- You have non-emergency health concerns and it’s after-hours.
- You’re traveling and need medical care.
* Important: Prescriptions are issued only when clinically appropriate. No controlled substances may be prescribed and the availability of some prescriptions may be legally restricted in some states.
Ready to Use Teladoc?
- Activate your account online, by phone at 1-800-TELADOC (1-800-835-2362), or by downloading the Teladoc mobile app via the iTunes Store or Google Play. You'll need a copy of your medical ID card to complete your registration.
- Fill out your medical profile to better prepare your doctor for your next appointment.
- Request an appointment.
Crossover Health Center is a private health center that Intuit shares with other Silicon Valley high-tech companies. It’s located just a couple of miles from the Mountain View campus.
The center offers VIP access to a highly skilled team of physicians and providers who deliver complete, concierge-style health care services. Crossover Health provides all levels of primary care, including preventive care, plus physical therapy, optometry services, acupuncture, chiropractic care, behavioral therapy and much more.
The center is available to all Intuit employees, whether you live in the Bay Area or you’re visiting from anywhere in the world. Employees not covered by Intuit benefits have full access to the center. Crossover Health is not available to employees’ family members.
Crossover Health is:
- Accessible: It’s a private health center, so you're always a priority. Plus, it’s just minutes from our main campus, located at 1080A La Avenida St., Mountain View, CA 94043.
- Affordable: It’s considered an in-network facility, so you won’t pay more for top-quality service. For cost details, check out the Crossover Health Center fee schedule.
- Personalized: As a registered member, you always get highly customized care. You build a relationship with your providers, who work closely with you to achieve your health-related goals.
- Convenient: Make appointments on the Crossover Health website or app, and communicate with providers 24/7. Plus, when you make an appointment, you’ll receive a code in your confirmation email to get free Lyft rides to and from the center. Note: If you can't make your appointment, be sure to cancel at least two hours in advance to avoid being charged a "no show" fee.
Become a member today
Ready to start experiencing a new kind of health care? Just follow these easy steps to become a Crossover Health member:
- Have your employee ID number handy. You can find your ID number on your paycheck or by logging into the corporate directory.
- Go to go.crossoverhealth.com.
- Set up your membership so you’ll be ready to book your first appointment. Once you’re enrolled, you can also make appointments by calling 1-650-772-6131 or by using the app.
Many major pharmacies (such as CVS and Walgreens) and retail stores (such as Walmart and Target) have walk-in clinics. They’re staffed by nurse practitioners and physicians’ assistants who can write prescriptions, if necessary. Retail clinics are a good choice when you have minor illnesses such as fevers, colds, sore throats and ear infections. They also provide routine vaccinations, such as flu shots. Retail clinics have evening and weekend hours.
If your situation is not urgent and you don’t want to use telemedicine services, your primary care doctor is a good starting point for diagnosing and treating common illnesses. Primary care doctors treat common colds, sinus infections, stomach problems and skin rashes, along with more chronic health issues such as acne, depression, asthma, high blood pressure and allergies.
If you are covered by an Intuit medical plan, in-network preventive care (visits such as your annual physical) is always covered at 100 percent. View the summary of medical benefits for a side-by-side look at how office visits are covered under each plan.
If you need care fast, try an urgent care center near you. Use your health plan’s website to find an in-network urgent care clinic near you. Urgent care is a good choice for problems that need immediate attention but are not severe enough to justify a trip to the emergency room—for example, sprains, stitches or X-rays. You may have a shorter wait than at an emergency room, and will have lower costs. Urgent care centers have evening and weekend hours.
If your situation is life threatening, get treatment immediately by calling 911 or going to the emergency room. At the emergency room, true emergencies are treated first. Other cases will have longer wait times, and care will cost you more. Hospital emergency rooms are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, with a staff of emergency room doctors, nurses and specialists.
If you’re uncertain about a medical diagnosis or the appropriate treatment, Intuit provides you and your covered dependents (and also your parents and parents-in-law) with a second opinion service through Best Doctors that can help.
Best Doctors is offered as part of your Intuit benefits and is at no cost to you! There’s no appointment needed. Participation is completely voluntary and confidential.
1. Get Advice on Your Medical Condition
2. Ask the Expert
Get answers from a doctor to basic questions about a diagnosis or treatment options. No more wondering what steps to take or relying on Internet searches. Instead, get a personalized response for your situation from a qualified doctor.
3. Find a Best Doctor for Your Condition
Get a list of leading, recognized in-network specialists based on your unique condition, physician preferences and insurance information. Best Doctors can help make an appointment and help you prepare for your doctor visit with important questions to ask.
See answers to frequently asked questions about Best Doctors.