Employees and dependents enrolled in an Intuit medical plan. Certain services are available only to certain health plan members or to employees working at specific Intuit locations.
How it works
If it’s not an emergency, but you need immediate attention or to get care quickly, you have several options. These options are also a good alternative if you are traveling or away from home and can’t see your regular doctor.
How to get started
Intuit’s telemedicine programs can save you money, time, and a trip to the doctor’s office.
Cigna and UHC members
Teladoc is offered as part of your Intuit medical benefits for Cigna and UHC medical plan members.
Teladoc is available by phone or video 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help with:
- Ear infections
- Nausea and vomiting
- Respiratory infections
- Sinus problems
- Urinary tract infections
- Skin conditions
- Neck and back issues
- Tobacco cessation
- Nutrition counseling and weight loss assistance
Teladoc doctors (including pediatricians for those inevitable kid illnesses) can diagnose your symptoms, prescribe medication, and send the prescription to your local pharmacy.* Use Teladoc as a cost-effective alternative to costly emergency room or urgent care visits. It’s a good option when:
- It’s not convenient for you to leave work or home.
- Your doctor or pediatrician is not available on your schedule.
- You have non-emergency health concerns and it’s after-hours.
- You’re traveling and need medical care.
Teladoc also offers virtual counseling services to both adults and children ages 13 and older. You can talk to a psychiatrist to get a diagnosis and/or medication or talk to a therapist to get help with ongoing concerns. If you’re on the Cigna Managed Care plan, the UnitedHealthcare EPO plan, or Cigna Choice Fund with HSA plan, there is no cost to you for these services.
Kaiser Permanente members
If you're enrolled in a Kaiser plan, you have access to telemedicine services directly through Kaiser’s appointment call center. When you call in, you'll be given the option of having a telephone or video visit. There is no cost for these visits.
How to get started
Cigna and UHC
- Activate your Teladoc account online, by phone at 800-TELADOC (800-835-2362), or by downloading the Teladoc mobile app via the App Store or Google Play. You'll need a copy of your medical ID card to complete your registration.
- Fill out your medical profile to better prepare your doctor for your next appointment.
- Request an appointment.
* Important: Prescriptions are issued only when clinically appropriate. No controlled substances may be prescribed and the availability of some prescriptions may be legally restricted in some states.
Call the Kaiser appointment line:
- Kaiser Northern California: 800-464-4000
- Kaiser Southern California: 800-464-4000
- Kaiser Georgia: 404-261-2590
- Kaiser Hawaii: 800-966-5955
Many major pharmacies (such as CVS and Walgreens) and retail stores (such as Walmart and Target) have walk-in clinics. They’re staffed by nurse practitioners and physicians’ assistants who can write prescriptions, if necessary. Retail clinics are a good choice when you have minor illnesses such as fevers, colds, sore throats, and ear infections. They also provide routine vaccinations, such as flu shots. Walk-in clinics have evening and weekend hours.
If you need care fast, try an urgent care center near you. Urgent care is a good choice for problems that need immediate attention but are not severe enough to justify a trip to the emergency room—for example, sprains, stitches, or X-rays. You may have a shorter wait than at an emergency room, and you’ll have lower costs. Urgent care centers have evening and weekend hours.
How to get started
Crossover Health Center (Bay Area employees)
Employees who live in California and are assigned to the Mountain View office or the San Francisco office, as well as employees who live within 20 miles of a Crossover Health Center, can take advantage of a unique health care experience. Crossover Health is a private health center that Intuit shares with other Silicon Valley high-tech companies. You can visit any of these five centers conveniently located throughout the area: Sunnyvale, San Francisco, Menlo Park, Mountain View, and San Jose.
The center offers VIP access to a highly skilled team of physicians and providers who deliver complete, concierge-style health care services. Crossover Health provides all levels of primary care, including preventive care, plus physical therapy, optometry services, acupuncture, chiropractic care, behavioral therapy, and much more.
Employees not covered by Intuit benefits have full access to the center. Crossover Health is also available to your adult dependents who are covered by an Intuit medical plan. If you're an adult dependent looking to make an appointment, please call 650-772-6131.
Crossover Health is:
- Accessible: It’s a private health center, so you're always a priority. Plus, the five centers are conveniently located throughout the Bay Area.
- Affordable: It’s considered an in-network facility, so you won’t pay more for top-quality service.
- Personalized: As a registered member, you always get highly customized care. You build a relationship with your providers, who work closely with you to achieve your health-related goals.
- Convenient: Make appointments online or on the Crossover Health app, and communicate with providers 24/7. Plus, when you make an appointment, you’ll receive a code in your confirmation email to get free Lyft rides to and from the center. Note: If you can't make your appointment, be sure to cancel at least 24 hours in advance to avoid being charged a $30 “no show” fee.
How to get started
Where to get help
Plan/Group Number #3331771
UHC Network Plan
Plan/Group Number #711734
Kaiser Northern California
Plan/Group Number: 34125
Kaiser Southern California
Plan/Group Number: 128242
Plan/Group Number: 10646
Plan/Group Number: 10763