Intuit’s telemedicine programs can save you money, time and a trip to the doctor’s office.
Teladoc is offered as part of your Intuit medical benefits under the Cigna and UHC medical plans.
|Cigna Choice Fund with HSA Plan||Cigna Managed Network Plan||UHC Network Plan|
|You pay the full cost for visits until you meet the deductible; after deductible, plan pays 90%||PCP: No cost to you
Specialist: $20 copay
|PCP: No cost to you
Specialist: $15 copay
It’s available by phone or video 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help with:
- Ear infections
- Nausea and vomiting
- Respiratory infections
- Sinus problems
- Urinary tract infections
- Skin conditions
- Neck and back issues
- Tobacco cessation
- Nutrition counseling and weight loss assistance
Teladoc also offers virtual counseling services to both adults and children ages 13 and older. You can talk to a psychiatrist to get a diagnosis and/or medication, or talk to a therapist to get help with ongoing concerns. If you’re on the Cigna Managed Care plan, the United Healthcare EPO plan or Cigna Choice Fund with HSA plan, there is no cost to you for these services.
Teladoc doctors (including pediatricians for those inevitable kid illnesses) can diagnose your symptoms, prescribe medication and send the prescription to your local pharmacy.* Use Teladoc as a cost-effective alternative to costly emergency room or urgent care visits. It’s a good option when:
- It’s not convenient for you to leave work or home.
- Your doctor or pediatrician is not available on your schedule.
- You have non-emergency health concerns and it’s after-hours.
- You’re traveling and need medical care.
Ready to Use Teladoc?
- Activate your account online, by phone at 1-800-TELADOC (1-800-835-2362), or by downloading the Teladoc mobile app via the iTunes Store or Google Play. You'll need a copy of your medical ID card to complete your registration.
- Fill out your medical profile to better prepare your doctor for your next appointment.
- Request an appointment.
* Important: Prescriptions are issued only when clinically appropriate. No controlled substances may be prescribed and the availability of some prescriptions may be legally restricted in some states.
If you're enrolled in a Kaiser plan, you have access to telemedicine services directly through Kaiser’s appointment call center. When you call in, you'll be given the option of having a telephone or video visit. There is no cost for these visits.
- Kaiser Northern California: 1-866-454-8855
- Kaiser Southern California: 1-833-574-2273
If you’re a full-time employee enrolled in a Cigna or UHC plan, you have access to virtual primary care services through Teladoc 360. (Primary care copays apply.) Through this service, you can establish a long-term relationship with a primary care provider while enjoying the ease and convenience of virtual doctor’s appointments. And they’re available seven days a week!
To get started, download the Primary360 app or visit Teladoc.com/Primary360.
Crossover Health Center is a private health center that Intuit shares with other Silicon Valley high-tech companies. You can visit any of these five centers conveniently located throughout the area: Sunnyvale, San Francisco, Menlo Park, Mountain View and San Jose.
The center offers VIP access to a highly skilled team of physicians and providers who deliver complete, concierge-style health care services. Crossover Health provides all levels of primary care, including preventive care, plus physical therapy, optometry services, acupuncture, chiropractic care, behavioral therapy and much more.
The center is available to all Intuit employees, whether you live in the Bay Area or you’re visiting from anywhere in the world. Employees not covered by Intuit benefits have full access to the center. Crossover Health is also available to your adult dependents who are covered by an Intuit medical plan. If you're an adult dependent looking to make an appointment, please call 1-650-772-6131.
Crossover Health is:
- Accessible: It’s a private health center, so you're always a priority. Plus, the five centers are conveniently located throughout the Bay Area.
- Affordable: It’s considered an in-network facility, so you won’t pay more for top-quality service.
- Personalized: As a registered member, you always get highly customized care. You build a relationship with your providers, who work closely with you to achieve your health-related goals.
- Convenient: Make appointments on the Crossover Health website or app, and communicate with providers 24/7. Plus, when you make an appointment, you’ll receive a code in your confirmation email to get free Lyft rides to and from the center. Note: If you can't make your appointment, be sure to cancel at least two hours in advance to avoid being charged a "no show" fee.
Many major pharmacies (such as CVS and Walgreens) and retail stores (such as Walmart and Target) have walk-in clinics. They’re staffed by nurse practitioners and physicians’ assistants who can write prescriptions, if necessary. Retail clinics are a good choice when you have minor illnesses such as fevers, colds, sore throats and ear infections. They also provide routine vaccinations, such as flu shots. Retail clinics have evening and weekend hours.
If your situation is not urgent and you don’t want to use telemedicine services, your primary care doctor is a good starting point for diagnosing and treating common illnesses. Primary care doctors treat common colds, sinus infections, stomach problems and skin rashes, along with more chronic health issues such as acne, depression, asthma, high blood pressure and allergies.
If you are covered by an Intuit medical plan, in-network preventive care (visits such as your annual physical) is always covered at 100 percent. View the FY 2022 Plan Snapshot for a side-by-side look at how office visits are covered under each plan.
If you need care fast, try an urgent care center near you. Urgent care is a good choice for problems that need immediate attention but are not severe enough to justify a trip to the emergency room—for example, sprains, stitches or X-rays. You may have a shorter wait than at an emergency room, and will have lower costs. Urgent care centers have evening and weekend hours. Here's how to find an urgent care near you.
If your situation is life threatening, get treatment immediately by calling 911 or going to the emergency room. At the emergency room, true emergencies are treated first. Other cases will have longer wait times, and care will cost you more. Hospital emergency rooms are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, with a staff of emergency room doctors, nurses and specialists.
If you’re uncertain about a medical diagnosis or the appropriate treatment, Intuit provides you and your covered dependents (and also your parents and parents-in-law) with a second opinion service through Expert Medical Opinion that can help.
Expert Medical Opinion is offered as part of your Intuit benefits and is at no cost to you! There’s no appointment needed. Participation is completely voluntary and confidential.
1. Get Advice on Your Medical Condition
2. Ask the Expert
Get answers from a doctor to basic questions about a diagnosis or treatment options. No more wondering what steps to take or relying on Internet searches. Instead, get a personalized response for your situation from a qualified doctor.
3. Find an Expert Medical Opinion for Your Condition
Get a list of leading, recognized in-network specialists based on your unique condition, physician preferences and insurance information. Expert Medical Opinion can help make an appointment and help you prepare for your doctor visit with important questions to ask.
Hinge Health is a free benefit focusing on back, joint and muscle care. Treatment can be done anywhere, when it works best for your schedule. No need to drive to an appointment or worry about more copays. All your care is easily found in your app. Many plans include a care team with a health coach and personal physical therapist.
Hinge Health can help with:
- Conquering pain or limited movement
- Recovering from an injury
- Preparing for and recovering from surgery
- Staying healthy and pain free
Through Virgin Pulse, you have access to certified and credentialed wellness coaches who can provide support in condition management. These licensed coaches are trained to help you address conditions like:
- Chronic pain
- Digestive health
- Heart health
- Lung health
- Weight management