We always want to make sure you and your family have all the support you need, no matter what challenges come your way. That’s why we frequently evaluate and update your Intuit benefits. For FY 2022, we’re introducing several new services and features that focus on supporting your mental health and overall well-being, helping you save on health care, and giving your more ways to grow and protect your family. Unless otherwise noted, all changes take effect August 1, 2021.
Refer to the FY 2022 Plan Snapshot for a more detailed look at important plan features and covered services.
No Cost Increases for Medical, Dental or Vision Paycheck Costs
With the unique situation that employees—and the world—are still in, Intuit has made the decision to cover 100% of the medical, dental and vision cost increases for FY 2022. We also haven’t changed the copay or coinsurance schedule that’s used when you visit your provider. The only exception to this is with the Cigna Choice Fund with HSA plan, for which some cost changes are required by the IRS. Please refer to the biweekly paycheck costs in the FY 2022 Plan Snapshot.
Increase to Well-being for Life Program Maximum Annual Reimbursement
The Well-being for Life Program supports your health and happiness by reimbursing you for nearly any expense that contributes to your physical, emotional or financial well-being. And now you have even more money to make your well-being a priority. The maximum annual reimbursement amount has increased from $1,000 to $1,300.
More Support for Starting a Family
- All parents are now eligible to take 16 weeks of paid parental leave within 12 months of their child's birth, adoption or foster care placement. This is an increase from the 12 weeks of leave previously offered.
- Elective egg freezing has been covered under the Cigna Choice Fund with HSA plan. In FY 2022, it’s also covered under the Cigna Managed Network Plan and the UnitedHealthcare (UHC) plan. The plan covers 90% in-network and 70% out-of-network for cryopreservation, storage and thawing.
- Midwife services and standalone birth centers are covered under the UHC plan.
More Ways to Protect Your Family
Life and Accident Insurance
You now have more options for life and accident insurance coverage.
- The rates for optional employee life insurance coverage have decreased.
- The amount of optional life insurance coverage you can purchase has increased. In FY 2021, it was up to 7x your annual earnings to a max of $2 million. In FY 2022, it’s up to 8x your annual earnings to a max of $4 million (when combined with basic life).
- The maximum amount of optional accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance coverage you can purchase has increased from up to 7x your annual earnings to up to 8x your annual earnings.
- The maximum amount of optional spouse/domestic partner life insurance coverage you can purchase has increased from $250,000 to $500,000.
Your ARAG UltimateAdvisor® legal insurance membership now gives you access to legal services that specifically support the LGBTQ community, like domestic partnership agreements, funeral directives and gender identifier changes. Keep in mind that annual enrollment was your once-a-year chance to sign up for legal insurance (unless you experience a qualifying life event).
Enhancements to Your Health Care
You have access to several new medical care plans and features.
- Through Hinge, you now have virtual access to physical therapists, physicians and board-certified health coaches who can assist in any of four musculoskeletal care areas: prevention, acute, chronic and surgery.
- If you’re a full-time employee enrolled in a Cigna or UHC plan, you have access to virtual primary care services through Teladoc 360. Through this service, you can establish a long-term relationship with a primary care provider while enjoying the ease and convenience of virtual doctor’s appointments. And they’re available seven days a week!
- If you’re a UHC member, the coverage limit for speech, occupational and physical therapy has increased from 30 to 60 visits.
- If you’re a Kaiser member, hearing aids are covered up to $3,000 every 36 months.
More Ways to Boost Your Emotional Well-Being
- The copay for virtual counseling services through Teladoc remains at $0.
- Effective February 1, 2021, you have access to 10 (rather than six) free, confidential counseling sessions for each need that you have, each fiscal year, through Optum, Intuit’s Employee Assistance Program.
- Effective May 1, 2021, you have access to life coaching services, including mental health coaching, through Virgin Pulse.
Enhancements to Your Vision Care
You have access to some new vision care enhancements.
- The frame allowance for your first pair of glasses has increased from $180 to $200.
- Lasik surgery is covered up to $1,500.
More Time Off for Long-Tenured Employees
If you’re an employee with 15 or more years of service, your vacation accrual cap has increased from 320 hours to 360 hours. This allows you to keep an additional week of vacation on the books before your accruals stop.
This summary of material modifications (SMM) provides important updates about Plan provisions that are in your current summary plan descriptions (SPDs). This SMM is required under ERISA when plan provision(s) materially change. Until new SPDs are published, use this Summary of Material Modifications (SMM) in combination with your current SPDs.