The Tuition Assistance Plan helps you with the cost of continuing your education in subjects related to your current position or career development at Intuit. If you work 20 hours or more per week, you can participate.
Regular full-time employees working 30 or more hours per week and part-time employees working 20 to 29 hours per week are eligible to participate. Seasonal employees and interns are not eligible to participate.
- Full-time employees are reimbursed up to $7,700 for expenses incurred in 2023.
- Part-time employees are reimbursed up to $3,850 for expenses incurred in 2023.
If you are on a leave of absence, you are not eligible for reimbursement for classes that are taken while on leave or in progress at the time of your leave. If you terminate employment, you are not eligible for assistance for classes that are scheduled or in progress at the time of your termination.
All tuition reimbursement requests and required documentation must be submitted by December 8, 2023, for reimbursement under the 2023 program maximums. Incomplete requests, including missing documentation, will prevent you from receiving your 2023 reimbursement.
Tuition payments are applied to the calendar year in which they are paid. For example, if your class ends in December, but you don’t pay for it until January, your payment counts toward the $5,000 maximum for the January calendar year.
Expenses greater than the maximum yearly reimbursement can be claimed in future years until the entire eligible cost has been reimbursed—as long as you remain employed at Intuit.
- Mandatory tuition fees
- Registration application, tuition, required books, required software and lab fees
- Parking, tests, student health insurance, late fees, graduation fees and elective fees
Please note that tests required for certification are not covered, but may be approved through your department.
Learn about how to apply for tuition assistance.
After you have completed the course(s) preapproved by your manager:
- Complete the approved course with a C or better, Pass if a Pass/Fail course or a rating of completed and you receive college credit for certificate programs.
- Enter your grade in your course record in the Tuition Assistance QuickBase.
- Upload your grade transcript and receipts for any tuition-related expenses to the Tuition Assistance QuickBase.
- Verify that the actual cost of your reimbursement request is correct in the QuickBase and mark the "Ready for Reimbursement" box.
- Save your entry.
- Your reimbursement will appear on your paycheck in one to two pay periods.
Tuition reimbursement is reimbursed on your paycheck and is non-taxable and will increase your net pay by the amount of your reimbursement.
You must meet all of the following guidelines:
- You must not be on a performance improvement plan (or written warning), or have been on one within the previous 90 days.
- The course needs to be related to your career at Intuit (or required by a degree program that relates to your career at Intuit).
- The course must be offered by an accredited institution.
- A grade is received (C or better or Pass if Pass/Fail course) upon completion of the course. A course is also eligible if it does not issue pass/fail grade but issues a rating of completed and you receive college credit.
- The course must be approved by your Manager via the Tuition Assistance QuickBase PRIOR to enrollment or completion of the course.
- Courses must be scheduled outside of normal business hours, i.e., evening or weekend classes.
My manager did not receive the email to approve my course(s) via the Tuition Assistance QuickBase. What do I do?
To resend the manager approval email, confirm you are on the correct course record in the QuickBase. Edit the record, scroll to the bottom, check the box next to "Resend Email?" and enter in the manager's email in the "Resend Email To" field. Save the record and then edit again and this time uncheck the "Resend Email?" box. Save again.
As a manager, what process do I need to complete to approve or deny my employee's request for tuition assistance?
As a manager, you will receive an email from the Tuition Assistance QuickBase when your employee enters a request. Click on the link provided in the email to review the information your employee entered to determine if the request meets the employee and course eligibility guidelines for the Tuition Assistance Program and select approve or deny in the email. You cannot approve or deny the request via the QuickBase so make sure to make your selection in the email. Once you make your selection, your employee will receive an email regarding your decision.
My manager denied my request. What now?
You must have your manager’s approval before the start of your class to receive reimbursement under the program. If you have questions about why your manager denied your request, you should speak to him/her directly.
What if I change managers once my class has started?
A change in managers will not affect your reimbursement. Manager approval is only required before the class starts.
Do I have to do anything different if my manager has changed since the last time I entered a course on the Tuition Assistance website?
No, you’ll go through the same process. Your approval request emails always go to your current manager, based on the corporate directory. Your future course approval requests will go to your new manager.
My manager is on leave but I need to have my courses approved before they start. What do I do?
If your manager is on leave for an extended period of time you may change your manager listing on your Employee Record in the Tuition Assistance QuickBase to your manager's manager. Once you have made the change on your Employee Record, contact HR Connect to request the approval email be resent.