Congratulations! Whether you’re just starting the planning process or you just got back from your honeymoon, here’s how your marriage affects your Intuit benefits.
You have 30 days from the date of your marriage to enroll in or make changes to your benefits through Darwin, your benefits administrator.
Once you log in via single sign on, click on your profile and select Life Event from the drop-down menu.
In Darwin, you can:
- Add or drop medical or dental coverage for yourself and/or your eligible dependents
- Update your life insurance beneficiaries to include your spouse (and new children)
- Purchase optional life insurance coverage for yourself or your spouse in multiples of $10,000 of coverage up to a maximum of $500,000 for yourself and $250,000 for your spouse. If you apply for optional life insurance within 31 days of your life event, evidence of insurability is not required by Sun Life for the first $30,000 of coverage (employee and spouse).
- Purchase optional life insurance coverage for your children in multiples of $5,000 of coverage up to a maximum of $20,000 per child.
You may also want to
- Update your personal information in Workday, like changing your last name, updating your address and emergency contact information.
- Submit an IT Service Desk ticket to change your name on your email address and/or phone display.
- Review your RRSP contributions.
- Take advantage of auto or home discounts available.
- Take time away for your honeymoon with paid vacation.
- Use Intuit’s mental health and well-being programs to help with life’s changes, build resilience and ease your stress.