Quitting tobacco or nicotine products may be one of the hardest things you do—but one of the best, too. Whatever your reason for putting your health first—your kids, your parents, your spouse, your friends—you don’t have to do it alone. Research shows that you're more likely to quit when you participate in a nicotine-replacement program. That’s why Intuit provides several resources to help you.
Watch! This video for an introduction to Intuit's physical well-being programs.
Earn Back Paycheck Credits with QuitSmart MindfullyTM
We know that most tobacco users want to quit—more than 69%, according to the CDC. But most cessation programs don’t work over the long term. In fact, smokers try to quit an average of seven times before they finally succeed.
Intuit has partnered with eMindful to offer the QuitSmart Mindfully program. It’s a tobacco cessation program developed with Dr. Robert Shipley, director of the Duke Medical Center Stop Smoking Clinic. The program is taught live in an online virtual classroom and consists of 12 55-minute classes (10 classes offered twice a week and two classes offered once a week).
By completing the program, you can earn $30 per paycheck in credits for being nicotine-free as well as earn back all missed credits for this fiscal year.
If you’re an employee, you can sign up for the QuitSmart Mindfully through the eMindful website (SSO login).
If you’re a spouse or domestic partner, go to this registration page and follow the steps using your spouse’s or domestic partner’s Intuit employee ID number.
More Resources to Help You Quit
Intuit offers other programs and resources to employees and spouses/domestic partners covered by Intuit’s medical plans. Your medical plan may also have additional resources, such as:
Chantix and the GETQUIT program
Chantix is covered at 100 percent with a prescription. When you have a prescription for Chantix, you are eligible for the GETQUIT coaching program, a personalized support program available at no extra cost. With GETQUIT, you can:
- Learn new ways of thinking to trade bad routines for good ones.
- Track your progress by your number of tobacco-free days and the amount of money you’ve saved by not buying cigarettes.
- Call live GETQUIT coaches, trained professionals who can help you through a tough moment.
- Get daily, supportive calls to keep you on track and accountable.
- Hear recorded phone support messages 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Over-the-counter smoking-cessation agents are covered at 100 percent with a prescription:
- Nicorette Gum, Commit lozenges
- Nicotine patches (NicoDerm, Nicotrol, generics)
Smoking-cessation medications covered by Intuit's health plans (prescription needed)
UnitedHealthcare and Cigna
- Bupropion SR—covered at 100 percent
- Chantix—covered at 100 percent
- Nicotrol NS (nasal spray)—copay required
- Nicotrol Inhaler—copay required
- Zyban (generic—bupropion SR)—copay required
- Wellbutrin SR—copay required
- Nicotine patches (generics)
What if I Was Just Hired?
When you enroll in your medical plan, you can attest to your nicotine-free status. You must be nicotine-free for at least six months to attest to being nicotine-free and receive the credits. You must certify your nicotine-free status when you enroll in benefits as a new hire during annual enrollment, or complete the QuitSmart Mindfully program.
Learn more about your benefits as a New Hire.