Quitting tobacco or nicotine products may be one of the hardest things you do—but one of the best, too. Whatever your reason for putting your health first—your kids, your parents, your spouse, your friends—you don’t have to do it alone. Research shows that you're more likely to quit when you participate in a nicotine-replacement program. That’s why Intuit provides several resources to help you.
Resources to Help You Quit
Intuit offers these benefits to help you kick the tobacco habit:
- Teladoc offers tobacco-cessation assistance as part of its 24/7 virtual services.
- Virgin Pulse Journeys, offered through the Well-being Hub, provides support with tobacco cessation.
Intuit offers other programs and resources to employees and spouses/domestic partners covered by Intuit’s medical plans. Your medical plan may also have additional resources, such as:
Chantix and the GETQUIT program
Chantix is covered at 100 percent with a prescription. When you have a prescription for Chantix, you are eligible for the GETQUIT coaching program, a personalized support program available at no extra cost. With GETQUIT, you can:
- Learn new ways of thinking to trade bad routines for good ones.
- Track your progress by your number of tobacco-free days and the amount of money you’ve saved by not buying cigarettes.
- Call live GETQUIT coaches, trained professionals who can help you through a tough moment.
- Get daily, supportive calls to keep you on track and accountable.
- Hear recorded phone support messages 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Over-the-counter smoking-cessation agents are covered at 100 percent with a prescription:
- Nicorette Gum, Commit lozenges
- Nicotine patches (NicoDerm, Nicotrol, generics)
Smoking-cessation medications covered by Intuit's health plans (prescription needed)
UnitedHealthcare and Cigna
- Bupropion SR—covered at 100 percent
- Chantix—covered at 100 percent
- Nicotrol NS (nasal spray)—copay required
- Nicotrol Inhaler—copay required
- Zyban (generic—bupropion SR)—copay required
- Wellbutrin SR—copay required
- Nicotine patches (generics)