We want to support you in expanding your family, so you can worry less about finances and focus more on the joys of being a parent. Intuit’s surrogacy assistance program helps you with eligible expenses associated with lawful surrogacy arrangements. This benefit is taxable income for the recipient.
Who is Eligible?
To participate in the surrogacy assistance program, you must be:
- A regular employee scheduled to work 20+ hours per week, or a Select Time employee
- Employed by Intuit at the time the expenses were incurred, substantiated and approved
Note: If your spouse/domestic partner works at Intuit, only one of you is eligible to submit expenses for reimbursement.
How It Works
Altruistic surrogacy parenting is legal in Israel. Intuit will provide financial support to employees using these types of lawful arrangements. It’s your responsibility to comply with applicable laws and regulations associated with surrogacy practices in Israel.
Intuit will reimburse you up to a total of ILS 90,000 per child and up to a lifetime maximum of two children up to ILS 180,000 (not to exceed ILS 90,000 per child) for qualifying expenses that you have incurred (and are nor otherwise reimbursable) resulting in a fully completed and lawful surrogacy contract. A fully completed surrogacy contract is one that results in you being recognized as the parent of a child on a birth certificate, court order of adoption or post-birth court order recognizing your parental rights under applicable law and does not violate any state, local or federal laws.
To submit a reimbursement request, follow these steps:
- Complete the Surrogacy Assistance Program Reimbursement Request Form within six months of the date of birth or the date in which you assume parental rights of the child. Be sure to include details surrounding each expense, as well as invoices/receipts and proof of payment.
- Submit the form and supporting documentation to HR Connect.
If further information or documentation is needed, your HR Connect advisor will reach out to you directly. If your request is approved, you'll be notified by the HR Connect advisor and the reimbursement will be paid out within two pay periods. Any and all decisions related to reimbursement are final and binding.
- Any expenses related to commercial surrogacy
- Short-term disability or insurance expenses for the surrogate
- Expenses reimbursed under Intuit’s adoption assistance program or any other Intuit benefit plan or program
- Any expenses reimbursed to you by any other entity, including under another employer plan or program, governmental program or service (e.g., legal fees covered by a pre-paid insurance program or your spouse’s employer reimbursement program)