Congratulations! Adding to your family by adopting a child is wonderful and exciting. However, we know it also involves a lot of planning, legal work and expense. Intuit can help you offset those costs with the Adoption Assistance program.
If you’re a regular Intuit employee who works 20 or more hours per week, you can get reimbursed up to 90,000 ILS per child, up to a lifetime maximum of two children, for eligible expenses such as:
- Adoption fees from bona fide adoption agencies
- Legal fees resulting from the adoption process
- Registration fees from local, state or national governmental agencies
- Travel expenses for the adopting parent and/or child if travel is required for the adoption process
If you and your spouse or domestic partner both work at Intuit, you are eligible to be reimbursed up to a maximum of 90,000 ILS per child. If you or your spouse/domestic partner are eligible for adoption expense reimbursement from another employer, governmental agency, etc., Intuit's adoption assistance program will be considered "secondary coverage.” For example, your adoption expenses are 18,000 ILS. You receive a government agency grant of 8,000 ILS. Your eligible expenses for Intuit’s program are 10,000 ILS (18,000 ILS - 8,000 ILS).
To get reimbursed for your adoption-related expenses, submit these documents to HR Connect:
- A completed Adoption Assistance Program Reimbursement Request form
- Receipts for adoption-related fees and expenses
- Any other supporting documentation
Once your documentation is received and approved, your request will be submitted for payment on the next payroll date.
Employees are liable for all tax resulting from any adoption expense reimbursement from Intuit. Taxes are calculated based on your personal tax rate. For tax guidance, please talk to a tax professional.