Intuit is proud to be an industry leader when it comes to diversity, equality and inclusion. We want all of our employees to feel valued and supported in both their professional and personal lives. That’s why we’re excited to announce some new benefits-related developments impacting our LGBTQ employees.
- Health Care Coverage: To ensure the health and well-being of all our employees’ loved ones, we offer Group Medical insurance coverage to the same-sex partners of Intuit employees. Same-sex partners are also eligible for OPD, dental and vision reimbursement, up to INR 20,000 per year, and can receive annual health checkups.
- Life Insurance Nomination: Group life insurance protects your loved ones in the event of your death due to accidental, natural or unnatural causes. As an Intuit employee, you can nominate your same-sex partner as a beneficiary.
- Gender-Affirmation Surgery: Intuit provides gender-affirmation surgery reimbursement up to INR 500,000 as a one-time cost, which is over and above the insurance coverage. This is supplemented with hormone replacement therapy reimbursement up to INR 60,000 per year, which is part of the insurance coverage.
- Gender-Neutral Washrooms: To make sure all employees feel comfortable and supported during their work hours, we offer gender-neutral washrooms in all of our India offices.
- Safe Space: Intuit has partnered with InnerSight to provide counseling services to employees who either identify as LGBTQ or have loved ones who identify as LGBTQ. To help ensure employees’ privacy and confidentiality, we’ve designated a room, called a “safe space,” where employees can feel comfortable having candid conversations with a trained, supportive professional.