When you ask questions and take time to learn about your condition, you get better health results.
Before you go to the doctor, make sure you’re seeing the right provider and getting the right care by talking to your Accolade Health Assistant.
To make the most of your time with your doctor, be sure to:
- Prepare a list of questions and topics you want to discuss before your appointment.
- Bring your medical records to your doctor’s office if he or she doesn’t already have them.
- Give your doctor a full account of your medical history, including family-related risks and previous illnesses or surgeries.
- Make sure your doctor knows about all the medications you’re taking so he or she can rule out potential drug interactions.
- Describe your symptoms quickly and clearly, even if they don’t seem relevant to your current medical issue. What seems minor to you could mean a lot to your doctor.
- Listen to your doctor’s advice, but know that it’s okay to question a diagnosis or seek a second opinion. Best Doctors is a great resource for getting a second opinion.
- Make follow-up appointments as needed. It’s a good way to check in with your doctor and progress on any health issues you’re managing.