The information on this page is for regular employees. If you’re a SelectTime or seasonal employee, visit the Benefits site for you.

Dependent Care FSA

Flexible spending accounts, or FSAs, save you money because you can pay for eligible expenses with tax-free dollars.


If you work traditional full-time hours (40 hours per week) or part-time hours (fewer than 30 hours per week) and are not in a SelectTime or Flextime role.

How it works

How to enroll

You must reenroll every year. See how to enroll.

How to get started

  • You decide how much to contribute to your Dependent Care FSA—between $26 and $5,000 per plan year (August 1–July 31). Note: If your spouse also has access to a Dependent Care FSA, your total combined contribution may not exceed $5,000. If you are married and file separate tax returns, each spouse may contribute $2,500.
  • If you’re a regular employee working 20 or more hours per week, Intuit will match your contributions to your Dependent Care FSA, up to $650 per year. Intuit puts the full $650 maximum match into your account at the beginning of the fiscal year. You can take advantage of Intuit’s contributions after your first paycheck in August.
  • Your plan-year contribution will be deducted from your paycheck before federal, state, local, and Social Security taxes are withheld. Your Form W-2 will include your calendar-year (not plan-year) contribution.
  • Expenses must be incurred during the same plan year. You have until October 31—three months following the end of the plan year—to submit claims for reimbursement.
  • If you enroll during the year, be sure to prorate your contribution for the number of pay periods remaining in the plan year (August 1–July 31).

Eligible day care expenses

You can use the Dependent Care FSA to pay for the day care of:

  • Your dependent children under the age of 13.
  • Dependents of any age who are incapable of self-care, live with you at least eight hours a day, and are claimed as dependents on your income-tax return.

Eligible day care must:

  • Be provided while you (and your spouse, if you are married) work, look for work, or attend school full-time.
  • Be provided in your home by an eligible provider or at a licensed facility. You will not be reimbursed for residential or "sleep-away" care, nursing-home care, or for babysitting when you are not at work.
  • Not be provided by your spouse, a child of yours under age 19, or any dependent you claim as an exemption on your federal income tax.

For a full list of eligible expenses, see IRS Publication 503, Child and Dependent Care Expenses.

Dependent care tax credit

Expenses that are eligible for the Dependent Care FSA can also be eligible for a tax credit on your federal tax return. Keep in mind that you cannot claim the same expenses for the Dependent Care FSA and the tax credit. Talk with your personal tax advisor to determine which alternative is best for you.

Common questions

How do I enroll?
How do I submit claims for reimbursement?


Visit website
Use your Intuit directory username and password.

Where to get help

HR Connect
Visit website
This site is only accessible within the firewall.