Be your best you with the help of Intuit benefits! Annual enrollment is your once-a-year chance to explore them all and enroll in the benefits you want for the coming fiscal year.
If you don’t take action during annual enrollment, your current benefit elections—except for your Health Care and Dependent Care FSAs—will continue. But you’ll be missing out on the chance to:
- Consent to transfer your HSA balance to HealthEquity (if you’re currently enrolled in the Cigna Choice Fund with HSA plan).
- Get up to $650 through Intuit’s matching contribution to your Dependent Care FSA.
- Sign up for legal insurance.
Be sure to take these steps between June 17 and June 28:
Check out what's new and changing for FY 2020.
There are a few changes to our benefits this year. If you’re enrolled in the Cigna Choice Fund with Health Savings Account (HSA) plan, please pay special attention to the information below about the new HSA administrator. Refer to the FY 2020 Summary of Benefits for a more detailed look at important plan features and covered services.
Cigna Choice Fund with HSA Changes
Intuit’s HSA Contribution Remains the Same
During last year’s annual enrollment, we communicated that Intuit would begin a multi-year process of gradually decreasing Intuit’s contribution to your Health Savings Account (HSA), starting in FY 2020. This decision has been put on hold, and we will continue to fund your HSA as we’ve done in prior years:
|Annual Salary Under $80,000||Annual Salary of $80,000 or More|
|Individual Coverage||$1,000 from Intuit||$750 from Intuit|
|Family Coverage||$2,000 from Intuit||$1,500 from Intuit|
New HSA Administrator
If you’re currently enrolled in the Cigna Choice Fund with HSA medical plan, it’s important for you to know that our HSA administrator will be switching from ConnectYourCare to HealthEquity. This change will provide several benefits to both employees and Intuit, including a simpler administrative process, reduced costs and better investment options for those who invest their account balances.
Here’s the easiest, no-cost way to move your account balance: Provide your consent to transfer your HSA balance to HealthEquity when you make your annual enrollment elections in the Alight system. When you transfer your account balance this way, Intuit will pick up all associated costs.
Note: Even if you don’t plan on making any changes to your benefits for FY 2020, you’ll need to go into the Alight system to authorize the transfer of your account balance and into your ConnectYourCare account to liquidate your investments.
If you don’t take action to move your account and liquidate your investments during annual enrollment, you’ll be able to transfer it to HealthEquity at a later date, but you’ll be responsible for all associated fees: a monthly $5.50 administrative fee (until you transfer your account) and a $25 account-transfer fee.
Mark Your Calendar
Keep these key dates in mind:
|June 12 and 19||HealthEquity webinars – Watch for more information. Recordings will be available if you can't attend on these dates.|
|Late July||HealthEquity welcome kits—containing your new debit card—mailed to homes|
|August 2||Full amount of Intuit’s FY 2020 HSA contribution deposited into your HealthEquity account|
|August 8||Deadline to liquidate your ConnectYourCare investments|
|August 16||ConnectYourCare debit cards turned off|
|August 16–September 3||ConnectYourCare account balances transferred to HealthEquity|
|September 4||All ConnectYourCare transfers made to HealthEquity (conversion complete)|
Deductible and Out-of-Pocket Max Increase for Out-of-Network Providers
When you use in-network services, both you and Intuit benefit from discounted pricing. That’s the main reason we’re increasing the out-of-network deductible and out-of-pocket maximum for the Cigna Choice Fund with HSA plan. In-network amounts will not change.
|FY 2019||FY 2020|
|Deductible||In- and Out-of-Network:
|Out-of-Pocket Maximum||In- and Out-of-Network:
Medical Cost Increases
Intuit’s cost-sharing principle remains in place: We pay 95% of the premium for employees and 85% for dependents. Although you’re continuing to use our well-being programs to stay actively engaged in your personal wellness, health care and pharmaceutical innovations have led to rising costs. As a result, premiums for the Cigna, UnitedHealthcare and Northern California Kaiser plans are increasing slightly for FY 2020.
Your premium increase will depend on your plan and coverage tier. As in prior years, when you participate in the biometric screening and are nicotine-free, your premiums will be lower. To learn more about your premiums, see the Biweekly Paycheck Deduction section of the FY 2020 Summary of Benefits.
Prescription Out-of-Pocket Max Decrease for Cigna and UHC Network Plans
For the Cigna Managed Network Plan and the UnitedHealthcare (UHC) Network Plan, the out-of-pocket maximum for prescription drugs will decrease from $4,600 to $4,100 for employee-only coverage and from $7,200 to $6,200 if you cover dependents.
In-Network-Only Acupuncture Services Covered by UHC Plan
Because the UnitedHealthcare (UHC) Network Plan is an in-network-only plan, out-of-network acupuncture services will no longer be covered. Intuit was an early adopter of covering acupuncture services at a time when there were very few in-network providers. Over the years, the network has grown significantly, so there’s now a greater number of in-network providers to choose from. If you’re currently a UHC member and you have a preferred out-of-network provider, you may want to consider finding an in-network provider or switching to the Cigna Choice Fund with HSA plan.
New Clinical Care Services Under Cigna Plans
To help ensure that all your health care needs are being met, we’ll be adding the following clinical care management programs to the services covered under the Cigna plans:
- Healthy Pregnancies, Healthy Babies®: Keep yourself and your baby healthy during your pregnancy and in the days and weeks after your baby’s birth. Get support from a pregnancy coach; get a pregnancy journal with helpful information, charts and tools; and access a Health Information Line at any time of day. When you complete the program, you’ll be eligible to receive an incentive.
- Cancer Support Program: If you or one of your dependents receives a cancer diagnosis, you’ll be contacted by a nurse who can help you understand your diagnosis and treatment options, answer your questions, coordinate your care, understand your health plan coverage and much more. Your participation in the program is voluntary.
New Clinical Care Services Under UHC Network Plan
These clinical care management programs will be added to the services covered under the UnitedHealthcare (UHC) Network Plan:
- Fertility Solutions: Work with a fertility nurse to get information about infertility causes and treatment options; find doctors, clinics and facilities that are right for you; and navigate the health care system.
- Orthopedic Health Support: If you’re suffering from pain in your back, neck, shoulder, hip or knee, call a nurse who can help you understand treatment options, costs and your benefits; manage your pain; access high-quality providers; prepare for surgery and plan for recovery.
Adult Dependents Eligible for Intuit’s Private Health Center
If you’re in the Bay Area, you have access to Crossover Health, a group of private health centers that Intuit shares with other Silicon Valley companies. You can visit any of these five centers conveniently located throughout the area: Sunnyvale, San Francisco, Menlo Park, Mountain View and San Jose.
To give your family more options for accessing high-quality, convenient health care, your covered adult dependents will now be eligible to experience the concierge-style services offered through Crossover Health Center. To register for an Intuit-provided membership, visit go.crossoverhealth.com.
Nevada Employees in Aetna PPO Dental Plan: Higher Costs for Out-of-Network Providers
If you’re an Intuit employee in Nevada who’s enrolled in the Aetna PPO Dental Plan, you’ll continue to have in- and out-of-network coverage. But if you use an out-of-network provider, you’ll pay more for services. To save on your dental costs, visit the Aetna website to find an in-network provider in your area. This change will align Nevada employees with all other Intuit employees in the U.S.
Legal Insurance: New Covered Services and Family Package
Along with the many legal matters that ARAG UltimateAdvisor® legal insurance can help you with—rental disputes, home purchases, will and trust preparation, identity theft—you’ll now be able to get assistance with issues related to immigration, child custody and child support arrangements, and post-decree modifications. Even better, when you’re enrolled in ARAG, your eligible family members will now have access to all their services—for just $11.63 per paycheck.
No Cap for Sick-Time Accrual Across All U.S.
To create a consistent sick-time policy for all U.S. employees, we’ll eliminate the accrual cap that has applied to employees outside of California and Washington. All U.S. employees will continue to accrue sick time at the rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, with no limit on the number of hours you can accrue. You’ll still be able to carry over any unused hours.
Increase Your Optional Life Insurance by Two Levels Without EOI
You’ll be able to increase your optional life insurance by two levels without providing evidence of insurability (EOI). Amounts of six times your base salary and above, or above $1 million, will still require EOI. The $2 million (combined with basic life) maximum still applies.
Take these benefit-related actions by June 28, and explore other benefits you may be missing out on.
Annual enrollment is your once-a-year chance to enroll in or make changes to your benefits. Be sure to focus on these core benefits between now and June 28.
- Review your medical coverage options to make sure you’re enrolled in the best plan for you and your family. Get help from the ALEX® Benefits Counselor tool, or talk to an Accolade Health Assistant®.
- If you’re currently enrolled in the Cigna Choice Fund with HSA plan, provide your consent to transfer your HSA balance to HealthEquity when you make your annual enrollment elections.
Depending on where you live, you have several choices for medical coverage:
- The Cigna Choice Fund with Health Savings Account (HSA) plan offers in-network and out-of-network coverage. It’s the only medical option paired with a tax-advantaged HSA, which lets you save for current or future health care expenses and get free money from Intuit. It’s also the only plan that covers out-of-network services.
Age 65 and over: If you’re Medicare-eligible and not enrolled, but you’d like to elect this plan, you need to enroll by calling 1-866-468-8236 and letting Alight know that you’re not enrolled in Medicare so an HSA can be set up for you. If you do not enroll over the phone, due to Medicare restrictions, you will not have an HSA plan established and will not receive Intuit’s HSA contribution.
- The UnitedHealthcare (UHC) Network Plan, Cigna Managed Network Plan (EPO) and Kaiser plan (California only) have predictable out-of-pocket costs, and there’s no deductible for you to pay before the plan pays for services or prescriptions. These plans cover in-network care only and may have higher paycheck deductions.
ACTION: Review your dental coverage options to make sure you’re enrolled in the best plan for you and your family.
You have two options for dental coverage:
- The Aetna PPO Dental Plan gives you the freedom to choose any dentist. However, if you choose to go to a dentist who is not in the network, you pay more for services.
- The Aetna DMO Dental Plan requires you to pick a primary care dentist (PCD) in the Aetna DMO network for regular exams and for referrals to get specialty care. In exchange, it costs less than the PPO Plan. Because this plan has a smaller network of providers, it may not be for everyone.
ACTION: Make sure you’re enrolled in the VSP.
The Vision Service Plan (VSP) has the most extensive network of optometrists and vision care specialists in the country. When you choose a VSP provider, you pay only a $10 copay for your annual exam. The plan provides $180 for frames and covers lenses at 100%, or $300 toward contact lenses, every 12 months. If you’re in the Bay Area, you can go to Crossover Health Center’s VSP vision center.
Health Care FSA
ACTION: Re-enroll in the Health Care FSA.
The Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) saves you money because you can pay for eligible health care expenses with tax-free dollars. You decide how much to contribute to your Health Care FSA—from $26 to $2,700 per year. Your full contribution is available for you to use at the start of the fiscal year, and your contribution is deducted from your paycheck, pretax, throughout the year. You must use your account balance before the end of the fiscal year (August 1–July 31) or it will be forfeited.
If you’re enrolled in the Cigna Choice Fund with HSA, you and your spouse/domestic partner can only have a Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account (FSA) due to IRS regulations. The Limited Purpose FSA can only be used for your dental and vision out-of-pocket costs.
Dependent Care FSA
ACTION: Re-enroll in your Dependent Care FSA—Intuit matches up to $650!
You can use the Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) to pay for child care, school holiday care and summer camps until your child’s 13th birthday, or beyond your child’s 13th birthday if he or she is disabled. You can contribute $26–$4,350 per fiscal year. Intuit's contribution of $650 is available for you to use at the start of the fiscal year. Intuit matches your contribution up to $650, and it's available for you to use at the start of the fiscal year. You must use your account balance before the end of the fiscal year (August 1–July 31) or it will be forfeited.
ACTION: If you haven’t already, enroll in legal insurance.
With ARAG UltimateAdvisor® legal insurance, you can access a nationwide network of attorneys who can advise and represent you if you’re dealing with a rental dispute, a traffic ticket, adoption proceedings, a home purchase or other situations in which you could use legal guidance. You can also call a network attorney for unlimited legal advice on preparing wills, trusts and other personal documents. Plus, ARAG offers many elder care services to support you and your parents. And now, getting on-the-go legal help is even easier with the ARAG mobile app.
Legal insurance also includes identity theft protection, which tracks your credit activity or online identity, notifies you immediately of suspicious activity and provides insurance coverage in restoring your identity—all for about the per-paycheck cost of a movie ticket! To be covered by identity theft protection, you must set up your profile on the ARAG identity theft website to activate your service.
Life and Accident Insurance
- Assess whether your current coverage provides you with a comfortable safety net. Use the ALEX Benefits Counselor tool to check your coverage level needs.
- Make sure that your basic and optional life insurance beneficiaries are up to date. You are the beneficiary of the life insurance that you purchase for your family.
Intuit provides you with basic life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance in the amount of two times your base salary. You can enroll in optional life insurance up to seven times your base salary ($2 million maximum, combined with basic life). If you choose coverage above six times your base salary, increase your coverage more than two levels or exceed the $1 million guaranteed issue, you must provide evidence of insurability.
You may also purchase:
- Child life insurance of $25,000
- Spouse or domestic partner life insurance of up to $250,000
- Family AD&D insurance: up to 50% of your total coverage amount for your spouse or domestic partner, and $10,000 for your eligible child
Note: If your spouse/domestic partner or child is also a regular, full-time Intuit employee working 20 or more hours per week, he/she cannot be covered as a dependent under your optional life insurance (all Intuit employees receive coverage of two times their base salary). Only one employee may cover a dependent child.
Got a need or a want? Chances are we have a benefit to help—and you can access it anytime throughout the year. No need to sign up during annual enrollment.
All Intuit’s well-being programs can be found in the Well-being Hub, powered by Virgin Pulse. The program is free, is personalized based on your preferences, your biometrics and the data you provide. Don’t miss out on the rewards of up to $300 each year for you and your covered spouse or domestic partner! Make it a family affair—invite up to 10 friends and family members into your program so you can compete and keep track of how your crew is doing.
To help you get and stay healthy in all aspects of your life—physical, emotional and financial—the Well-being for Life Program reimburses you up to $1,000 per fiscal year for expenses related to your well-being. And we'll be adding even more eligible expenses for FY 2020!
When You Want to Start Making Healthier Choices
Intuit’s programs can help you make serious strides when it comes to fitness and weight management.
Retrofit Healthy Living can help you maintain your weight or lose a few pounds through online classes, exercise videos and personalized tips.
If you have a body mass index (BMI) of 27 or higher, Retrofit Weight Management can help you lose weight through one-on-one coaching, a smart app, self-monitoring devices and an online community. Both Retrofit programs are available to you, your covered spouse/domestic partner and your children ages 18–26.
You may also want to check out eMindful’s Weight Balance for LifeTM course, which takes a unique mind-body approach to weight management.
When You Want to Achieve Peak Performance
Well Minds is a collection of offerings to help you and your family handle life’s challenges, build resilience and achieve a sense of calm.
Improve your happiness, productivity and self-awareness with Whil’s video and audio sessions with industry experts. Choose programs to learn the basics, create mindful relationships and perform at your highest level. The Search Inside Yourself™ course helps you develop your emotional intelligence, as well as your teamwork and leadership skills.
With eMindful, you can join a virtual classroom to gain focus and create calm, and work toward lasting positive change with a live coach. Stress Less, Live More™ and QuitSmart® Mindfully (tobacco cessation) are two of the many programs available to you.
Optum provides you with six free, confidential counseling sessions (by phone or in person) per situation, per fiscal year. You and your family members can talk to an expert who can help you manage stress, anxiety, depression or addiction; handle grief and relationship issues; develop resilience and more.
When You Want Financial Security
Intuit offers tools, resources and programs to help you keep your finances in check and your future looking bright.
Contribute to the 401(k) Savings Plan to build your long-term financial security. Intuit matches $1.25 for every $1 you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay, with a max of $10,000 a year. If you aren’t participating, you’re leaving up to $10,000 on the table.
Participate in the Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), and sweeten your savings for your short- or long-term goals. Buy Intuit shares at a minimum 15% discount—an instant gain. Hold your shares and, if you sell when the price goes up, gain even more! Your next chance to enroll is August 2019.
The easy-to-use ALEX® Financial Wellness tool provides practical guidance on budgeting, debt, and emergency and retirement savings to help you build a plan for your financial freedom.
Take courses through Financial Knowledge to learn how to manage your finances, develop healthy spending habits, get out of debt and make the most of your Intuit financial benefits.
Effortlessly manage your finances, all in one place, with Intuit’s own Mint, and build a financial health profile based on your verified IRS-filed income, credit score and debt-to-income ratio with Turbo.
Long-Term Care insurance provides you with a monthly dollar benefit to help pay for costly in-home or nursing care, either for yourself or someone you love. Existing employees, their spouses/partners and family members ages 18–79 may apply anytime.
Through Intuit Perks at Work, you’re treated to VIP discounts on a wide variety of products and services, including travel and entertainment, retail products, mortgage support services, auto and home insurance, and pet insurance. Meanwhile, the Intuit Passport Corporate Program gives you access to dining discounts at hundreds of restaurants.
When You Want to Make the World a Better Place
Want to make a positive contribution to the planet—or just your small part of it? Intuit makes it easier for you to make a difference.
Through the We Care & Give Back program, you can donate your time and money to causes that are important to you. Intuit matches every dollar you donate to an eligible charity, up to $5,000 per fiscal year. And all full-time employees are eligible for 32 volunteer hours per calendar year. Plus, you can now apply for a grant if you participate on a nonprofit board. Learn more by visiting the We Care & Give Back Jive site on Insight.
Find the right support to help you make your enrollment decisions.
Make sure you complete all the tasks on this checklist between June 17 and June 28.
Once enrollment begins, go to the Alight website. (Note: You may need to take additional authentication steps, including creating a new password and phone PIN, to log in.) While you're there, be sure to:
- Confirm your nicotine-free status if you’re not already receiving the credit. If you’re adding a spouse or domestic partner or if you recently stopped using nicotine products, you’ll need to indicate this during annual enrollment.
- Review and, if necessary, update your life insurance beneficiaries.
- Confirm that your dependents’ Social Security numbers are correct. These numbers are required for tax reporting.
- Confirm that your covered spouse or domestic partner is not eligible for coverage through his or her employer. If he or she is, you'll need to pay a spousal surcharge of $100 each pay period to cover him or her on your Intuit plan.
- Enroll in or make changes to your benefits from June 17 to June 28. On June 28, you can enroll online until 11:59 p.m. PT or by phone until 6 p.m. PT. If you have questions about the enrollment process, call 1-866-INTUBEN (1-866-468-8236), or log in to the Alight website to get help from a virtual assistant or connect with a live representative.
- Print or save your confirmation statement. You can see the credits that will be applied in FY 2020 when you go through the enrollment process. Changes you make are effective August 1, 2019, and your first paycheck in August will show the new deductions.
If you want to discuss your benefit options, narrow down your choices and get personalized guidance on how to get the most out of your benefits, call Accolade at 1-888-659-8305 (8 a.m.–8 p.m. PT, Monday–Friday) or visit Accolade.