Health screenings offer you an array of tools to help you lead a happy and healthy life.
The free screening provides you with your biometric measures, which are important indicators that tell you about your overall health and risk level for certain diseases and medical conditions. When you know your numbers and understand what they mean, you can take steps to improve your health and lower your chances of developing serious medical issues down the road. You can also earn 500 Virgin Pulse points!
Onsite screenings are held once a year. If you’re a full-time employee, register for an appointment by going to the Lifemark Health and Wellness screening website and following these steps:
- Complete the signup form (enter Intuit for the company code).
- Select an appointment time and book your spot.
- Review and sign the consent form in the “My Documents” tab. Be sure to bring it with you to your screening.
- You’ll receive an email asking you to create your password.
- You’ll be logged in to the site once you create your password.
- Book an appointment by selecting the “Make an Appointment” tab.
Note: Screenings will be held in the Mississauga and Edmonton offices. If you’re a remote employee, you’re welcome to sign up if you plan to be in the office on the day the screenings take place.
The scheduling tool closes three days prior to the onsite event date so that Lifemark can staff each event appropriately. Walk-ins are accepted, though space is not guaranteed.
A health screening is a short health exam that takes about 20 minutes to complete and gives you important information about your risk for certain diseases and medical conditions. It includes body composition measurements and a finger prick to obtain a small blood sample. We have partnered with Lifemark Health and Wellness to provide this program.
During your health screening, a registered nurse takes measures and provides confidential results and guidance in these areas:
- Cardiovascular disease risk
- Blood pressure
- Total cholesterol and HDL ratio
- Body mass index (BMI): weight, waist circumference, height
- Body fat
- Waist circumference
- Smoking status
With your screening results, you have the power to:
- Take control of your health.
- Take action to prevent a condition, or keep one from getting worse.
- Save money on health care expenses as you age.
Be sure to share your numbers with your doctor so you can incorporate them into your health plan. Whether you’re already taking steps toward becoming a better you or you’re thinking about starting, knowing your numbers is a key part of monitoring—and improving—your overall health.
Note: Your results from these tests are confidential. Your individual results and contact information are not shared with Intuit. Details of how your information is managed and shared are available in the consent form you sign in order to register for this program.