One of the keys to health and happiness is finding the right balance between managing your daily obligations and taking care of your own well-being. While physical fitness is an essential part of self care, emotional health is just as important in helping you feel your best.
That’s where Well Minds comes in. Intuit provides this collection of offerings to help you handle life’s challenges, build resilience and ease your stress.
Get Some Headspace
Headspace is like your very own personal trainer—for your mind. With your Intuit-paid annual subscription, you have access to a wide selection of 10-minute guided meditation sessions. These sessions help you improve your focus, get better sleep and experience less stress. And because you can access them online or through the app, you can enjoy your mental workouts wherever and whenever you want.
Watch this video to learn more about Headspace.
(Don’t worry about the subscribing segment. Follow the Getting Started instructions below to get your free subscription.)
Science has shown that regular mindfulness practice can help you:
- Reduce stress
- Decrease anxiety
- Boost creativity
- Improve focus
- Strengthen relationships
With Headspace, you can quickly learn how to apply mindfulness to your everyday activities. With a large collection of sessions to choose from, you can always find the perfect exercise to fit your mood and interests.
Meditation isn’t rocket science, but if you want to build a rocket, it’s a good place to start.
To get your free Headspace subscription and start enjoying the benefits of mindfulness:
- Take a four-question pre-assessment survey.
- Receive your Intuit code and instructions on how to create your Headspace account at headspace.com/intuit.
The benefit of a paid subscription is available to regular employees only.
Ease Your Stress with Lantern
Do you feel like there’s too much on your plate? Does the pressure to get it all done show up as physical pain or cause difficulty sleeping? Do you have trouble focusing or find yourself irritable with those around you? These are just some of the ways stress and anxiety can show up.
Through a combination of interactive lessons and research-backed techniques, Lantern teaches you to better manage your stress and anxiety. You’re paired with your very own coach who can help you apply what you learn to your everyday life, provide motivation and accountability, and celebrate your progress. And, as an Intuit employee, you can sign up for free access.
Check out these videos to see how Lantern can improve your life.
Ease Your Stress. Manage Your Anxiety.
Lantern is a program that uses practical exercises rooted in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and mindfulness to address your specific challenges, so that you feel better able to face life’s challenges.
You'll learn how your thoughts, behaviors and feelings are connected and how to feel more in control. The program is rooted in proven research and has a variety of techniques to help you find what works for you.
Here are just a few reasons Lantern is so effective:
- Lantern fits into your busy schedule. By investing just 15 minutes a day, you can learn to ease and manage your stress and anxiety.
- You can do Lantern at your speed. Practice techniques on your phone, at your pace, wherever you are.
- Complete Lantern on your time. Fit the program into your morning routine, on a break or before bed.
When you sign up, you’re paired with your own personal coach who provides motivation and accountability along the way. Your coach can chat with you through in-app texting, and help you set goals and celebrate your accomplishments.
Starting June 1, 2017, all regular employees can access the Lantern benefit for free.
Increase Your Mindfulness with Whil
Want to relax and stress less? Increase your creativity, innovation and resiliency? Communicate more clearly? Improve your sleep? Find more joy in life? Where there’s Whil, there’s a way!
Whil is a digital mindfulness tool that offers video and audio sessions with master trainers and online content to help you:
- Thrive through mindfulness, focus and sleep training for adults.
- Lead through the groundbreaking Search Inside YourselfTM, an emotional intelligence personal growth program that helps you increase your self-awareness, empathy, communication and leadership skills. Search Inside Yourself was developed inside Google and is now a globally recognized program offered by corporations, nonprofit and government organizations around the world.
- Move more with on-demand yoga to exercise the body and mind.
Improve your health, relationships, performance and sleep with your Intuit-paid annual subscription to Whil. You have access to more than 200 programs and 1,250 sessions, and can choose from 1-, 5-, 10- and 20-minute sessions to best fit your schedule.
Plus, your teenage dependents can access Whil’s Grow program, which can help them sleep better and regulate their emotions. Studies show teens who practice mindfulness have been able to improve their focus, concentration and school performance.
Talk to Someone
Through Optum, Intuit's EAP provider, you and your family members can talk to an expert who can help you:
- Manage stress, anxiety, depression or addiction
- Handle relationship issues or divorce
- Develop your resilience
- Cope with illness or death
- Manage your finances and create a financial plan
- Access legal advice from a licensed attorney
This benefit provides you and your eligible family members with six free, confidential counseling sessions (by phone or in person), per issue, per fiscal year.
When you call Intuit’s dedicated specialist team at 1-866-240-3364, be sure to mention your medical plan so that they can help you find a counselor that is in-network. Once you’ve completed your six free sessions, additional sessions may be covered under your medical plan at the specialist rate.
Enjoy Concierge Services
Most of us feel like there aren’t enough hours in the day. Optum’s concierge services can connect you with the support you need to tackle your to-do list. Here are just some of the matters they can assist you with:
- Adult and elder care services
- Adult day care programs
- Alzheimer’s and related disorders support
- In-home care options
- Child, family and parenting support
- Child care options
- Community programs for teens
- Special needs care
- Chronic illness and condition support
- Caregiving resources
- Food service and nutritional help lines
- Transportation issues
- Convenience services and referrals
- Lawn care
- Pet services
- Auto and home repair
- Educational resources
- Home schooling
- Private schools
- Schools and programs for at-risk youths
Get Rewarded for Reducing Stress
The activity program through Virgin Pulse promotes good physical health by rewarding you for getting active, eating healthy, sleeping well—and reducing stress! Eligible stress-reduction healthy habits that you can track include everything from practicing meditation, taking a break to enjoy some tea and listening to calming music to getting fresh air and spending time with your pets.
Recharge—and Get Reimbursed
The Fit for Life Program reimburses you for fitness-related expenses like personal trainers, gym memberships and exercise classes. And starting in FY 2017, meditation and mindfulness classes are also eligible for reimbursement.
In Your Area
Join other Intuit employees in a weekly mindfulness practice.
Fridays, from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 pm PT
What to expect
- Non-guided 15 minute sitting meditation.
- Book read on mindfulness topics.
- Group discussion the reading and on various topics that come up with the group. Such as our own practice and difficulties or our joys from the week
The group discussion follows strict rules for confidentiality to create a safe, welcoming space that encourages participation.
How do I participate?
Contact Olivier Nguyen.
Have a local group you’d like to share here? Click “Yes” under "Was this page helpful?" below and enter in your contact information under "Tell us more." You will be contacted in 7 to 10 business days.