Quitting tobacco or nicotine products may be one of the hardest things you do—but one of the best, too. Whatever your reason for putting your health first—your kids, your parents, your spouse, your friends—you don’t have to do it alone. Research shows that you're more likely to quit when you participate in a nicotine-replacement program. That’s why Intuit provides several resources to help you.
Watch! This video for an introduction to the Choose Wellness for Life program.
Quit for Life
Get help quitting tobacco from the nation’s leading tobacco-cessation program, Quit for Life. You’ll be paired with a trained Quit Coach who will help you quit tobacco for good. You’ll receive unlimited access to a Quit Coach throughout the program, plus a printed workbook and access to a Web Coach, an online community of learning tools, social support and information about quitting. The best part? All of these resources are available to you for free. When you complete the program, you’ll receive the full paycheck credits for being nicotine-free.
Through Quit for Life you’ll learn to:
- Quit at your pace, on your terms.
- Conquer your urge to smoke.
- Supercharge your efforts by using nicotine substitutes or medicines.
- Quit electronic cigarettes, too.
- Make lasting lifestyle changes to become a non-smoker.
More Resources to Help You Quit
Intuit offers other programs and resources to employees and spouses/domestic partners covered by Intuit’s medical plans. Your medical plan may also have additional resources, such as:
Chantix and the GETQUIT program
Chantix is covered at 100 percent with a prescription. When you have a prescription for Chantix, you are eligible for the GETQUIT coaching program, a personalized support program available at no extra cost. With GETQUIT, you can:
- Learn new ways of thinking to trade bad routines for good ones.
- Track your progress by your number of tobacco-free days and the amount of money you’ve saved by not buying cigarettes.
- Call live GETQUIT coaches, trained professionals who can help you through a tough moment.
- Get daily, supportive calls to keep you on track and accountable.
- Hear recorded phone support messages 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Over-the-counter smoking-cessation agents are covered at 100 percent with a prescription:
- Nicorette Gum, Commit lozenges
- Nicotine patches (NicoDerm, Nicotrol, generics)
Smoking-cessation medications covered by Intuit's health plans (prescription needed)
UnitedHealthcare and Cigna
- Bupropion SR—covered at 100 percent
- Chantix—covered at 100 percent
- Nicotrol NS (nasal spray)—copay required
- Nicotrol Inhaler—copay required
- Zyban (generic—bupropion SR)—copay required
- Wellbutrin SR—copay required
- Nicotine patches (generics)
What if I Was Just Hired?
When you enroll in your medical plan, you can attest to your nicotine-free status. You must be nicotine-free for at least six months to attest to being nicotine-free and receive the credits. You must certify your nicotine-free status when you enroll in benefits as a new hire during annual enrollment, or complete the Quit for Life program.
Learn more about your benefits as a New Hire.